Complete Guide to Activate your Sears MasterCard
If you enjoy shopping at Sears, consider getting a Sears MasterCard to win discounts any time you buy from all Sears Holding Company shops, including Sears Auto Centers, Sears Grand, Sears Hardware, Kmart, etc. Apart from frequent discounts, you’re decided to leave with a plethora of bonuses and incentives. In addition, getting a Sears MasterCard is deemed to be a desirable possession due to advantages such as roadside assistance and car rental. With all this awesome stuff coming with your Sears credit card, it’s now mandatory to activate your card. You’ll learn how to activate the Sears MasterCard in this article.
Saving money is an art that not everyone can learn. It wouldn’t be wrong to suggest that you’ve half perfected the art of saving bucks by buying a Sears MasterCard. After that, you need to activate your credit card to make the most of it. The Sears MasterCard Activation is very simple and hassle-free. You must access the Citibank online portal to do this (because Sears sold its U.S. retail credit card operation to Citibank in 2003. Since then the MasterCard is serviced by Citibank). Please read the cardholder agreement carefully before enabling the card.
Benefits of Having a Sears MasterCard
Cardholders will enjoy a prosperity of benefits –
- No Annual Fee: Unlike several credit cards from leading financial institutions, the Sears MasterCard credit card allows you to enjoy the full benefits without charging an annual fee.
- Protection & Security: You have a ‘Zero’ liability for Citi Identity Fraud and registered transactions.
- Financing Options: You will benefit from exclusive grants for selected groups at Sears & Kmart.
- Earn More Points: With your MasterCard, you will get extra benefits at gas stations, hotels, and much more.
How to Activate Your Sears MasterCard?
You can activate your newly acquired Sears MasterCard in three ways–
- Online Activation
- Phone Activation
- Activation through Mail
Lets discussed each method in detail.
We will give you all the relevant details to activate your Sears credit card in a hassle-free manner.
Activate Your Sears MasterCard Online
One of the most effective, secure, and quick ways to activate your Sears MasterCard is to visit the official activation page and enter a few of your details information.
- Open a web browser on your Computer or Laptop or Tablet or Smartphone and visit the official activation page of Sears MasterCard.
- On this page create your account by providing the 16 digit card number and click on the “Continue” button.
- Next page, you are required to enter your name as printed on the card, security code, and the social security number (SSN).
- After enter, all credential information click on the Verify button.
- Congratulations! Your Sears MasterCard is activated now.
- Now shopping using your Sears MasterCard at Sears Hometown Stores, Sears Hardware, Sears Auto Centers, Sears Grand, Sears Essentials, Kmart.com, and Sears.com to earn attractive discounts.
Activate Your Sears MasterCard through Phone
Don’t hopeless! If the online option doesn’t work for you, use the telephone method. You will be happy to hear that Citibank has a 24/7 Customer Care Service to attend to every call and answer all queries. Call the official number, which is a toll-free number – 1-800-97-7700, so it doesn’t cost you anything.
During the activation process, the customer care executive will ask you for details to verify. Make sure you have present all the required information like your Sears MasterCard number, Date Of Birth, card name, and social security number(SSN). When your identity has been checked by the official personnel, your card will be ready within minutes. You are ready to use your credit card after that.
Read More: How to Activate Turbo Prepaid Card
Activate Your Sears Credit Card through Mail/ Letter
If you are failure to activate your card by the above two methods then activate your card by email or letter. This method is a bit of a long and difficult task as compared to the above mention method. You need to send a letter to the officials address mentioning all the detail’s information you required, such as your name, card number, date of birth, social security number(SSN), etc.
Why Is Card Security Important?
If you don’t want to slip into the wrong hands and end up as a suspect, you should sign on the back of your Sears MasterCard. This is going to keep the fraudsters from getting any harm to you. Often, keep your eyes open while you enter details on your card at different places. Avoid websites that appear suspect.
In the case of a technical problem, you should still get in contact with the technical support service number of professionals. Apart from the above toll-free telephone number, there is one other technical assistance number that you can try calling.
- Technical Assistance: 1-800-815-7701
- TTY for the Hearing Impaired: 1-866-357-2484
- Outside the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, Call Collect: 1-800-437-3277