How to Pay Consumers Energy Bill
Are you want to make the payment for your Consumers Energy Bill? Then relaxed! Bill payment is an easy process. Here we discussed how to pay your Consumers Energy Bill step by step. Login to your Consumers Energy account and pay the bill. You just follow all the instructions carefully.
About Consumers Energy
Consumers Energy is a provider of natural gas and electricity. They usually operate throughout Michigan and serves more than 10 million residential customers. They serve customers in all 68 states of Lower Peninsula counties. It was first started in 1886. Consumers Energy is the primary subsidiary of CMS Energy. The headquarters of Consumer Energy is located in Jackson, Michigan. Login to Consumers Energy account for bill pay by different method.
Login to Consumers Energy for bill pay:
To make payment you need to login your Consumers Energy account. Consumers Energy login procedure is very easy process. Just follow the following instruction discussed below step by step.
- First, open your web browser and go to the official website of Consumers Energy or click the link www.consumersenergy.com
- Enter your User ID and Password, now click login button.
- Your Consumers Energy login done.
Consumers Energy Gas Bill payment Procedure
Consumers Energy provides several payment options to customers to make the payment. In order to pay your Consumer Energy gas bill, you have to follow these simple payment options below:
Consumers Energy Gas Bill pay via Online Method:
You can pay your Consumer Energy gas bill via an online payment method. It is very easy to make payment for your gas bill. You must have to create an online profile on the Consumer Energy site. If you have already created the account, then simply follow these simple instructions as mentioned below:
- You have to go to the official Consumer Energy website.
- For direct access to the website, you can simply click on this link consumersenergy.com
- As you landed o the homepage, you have to select the Login option, from the top right side.
- There, you have to enter your User ID and Password in the required fields.
- To save your User ID on that device, tick the box, keep me logged in option.
- After providing your login credentials, you need to select the Login option.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment.
Pay Consumers Energy Gas bill by AutoPay:
Autopay is one of the most convenient payment options to make the payment. If you sign up for AutoPay, then your payment will automatically deduct from your savings and checking account. In order to pay your bill by AutoPay, you have to follow these instructions below:
- You have to click on this link consumersenergy.com to access the website.
- Then, in the top right corner of the page, click on the Login option.
- Then, on the provided fields, enter your User ID and Password.
- After that, you need to select the Login option to access the portal.
- Once you logged in to your account, you can easily set up for AutoPay option.
Pay Consumers Energy Gas Bill by Phone:
You can also pay your Consumer Energy bill over your phone. To make your payment, you have to dial 866-329-9593 from your phone. You can make the payment from your Visa, MasterCard or Discover Credit, or debit card. After calling on this number, you have to follow the on-call instructions to make the payment. Once you completed the payment, you will get the confirmation message.
Consumer Energy Gas pay Bill by Guest Pay:
You can also pay your Consumer Energy bill via the Guest Pay option. Here you don’t have to log in to your account. You can pay your Consumer Energy gas bill without logging in to your account. You will require your account number and the last 4 digits of SSN or Tax ID to complete your payment. Not only that, but you just need to follow these steps to make your payment:
- You have to go to this link consumersenergy.com/make-a-payment-guest.
- Then, you need to click on the Pay Without Logging In option.
- You can make the payment by using your account number or SSN/Tax ID.
- If you want to click on the Account Number, then provide your account number and zip code.
- After that, you need to select the Continue button to follow the steps further.
Pay Consumer Energy Gas Bill in Person:
Customers are allowed to make payments in person. You can visit any of your nearest Consumer Energy locations to make the payment. You can make payment in the form of cash. To find out your nearest Consumer Energy locations, you have to follow these simple steps below:
- You need to go to this link consumersenergy.com/contact-us.
- Scroll down the page, and you will see the Payment Locations option.
- There, you have to enter your address or zip code on the given field.
- After providing your details, you need to select the Search button.
- You can sort your payment locations by name or distance.
- At the payment locations, you can make payments in the form of cash.
Pay Consumer Energy Gas Bill by Mail:
You can also use the postal service to make the payment for your Consumer Energy gas bill. You can send the payment in the form of cash or money order. Make sure to include your account number on your personal check or money order. Then you have to send your payment stub to this address below:
Consumers Energy Payment Center
PO Box 740309
Cincinnati, OH 45274-0309
How the Penalty Fees Work
These are the fees you will be charged by Consumers Energy:
- Returned Payment: If your payment check is returned by the bank, then you have to pay the returned check fees. For the returned check fee, you will be charged $15 per returned payment.
- Late Payment Fee: If you cannot make your payment by the due date, you will be charged the late payment fees. For the late payment fees, you have to pay 2% of the due balance.
- Restoration Fee: For the restoration fee, you will be charged between $50 to $80.
Things to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
If you are having trouble paying your Consumer Energy gas bill, then there are several payment assistance programs is available for you.
- Payment Arrangements: A payment arrangement program is available for Consumers Energy customers. You have to log in to your online account option. Then, you need to select the My Account tab. Then you have to create a Payment Arrangement, and then you have to follow the prompts. For more information on Payment Arraignment, you can contact the customer service department.
- United Way 2-1-1: You can call at 2-1-1 for more information regarding customer agencies offering help paying utility bills.
- LIHEAP: Qualified low-income customers can apply for this program. If you are a qualified low-income customer, then you can enjoy all the benefits of LIHEAP.
Consumer Energy Contact Info
For any reason, you need to contact the customer service department of Consumers Energy, you can contact at:
(M-F, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sat, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
(M-F, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)